Welcome to our first Therapy Café® Blog! This blog is coming out during one of the most challenging times in our nation’s history, when we are in the midst of a global pandemic that is disrupting our lives and requiring us to “shelter in place.” During this time, it is more important than ever to focus on your mental wellness.
At Therapy Café®, our priority is to help you achieve optimal health and well-being: mentally, physically, and spiritually. We call this approach Integrative Mental Wellness.
In this blog, we will be posting regular content about the latest happenings at Therapy Café® and topics focused on Integrative Mental Wellness. You will be hearing from us, Kathleen and Allison, as well as from our amazing team of highly-experienced Therapy Café® therapists and holistic providers, who will discuss a range of topics based on their areas of specialty.
Our blog will cover themes, such as:
• No one is immune to mental health issues. Everyone, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, or background is affected.
• Mental health involves brain and body health.
• Mental fitness is a skill that is learned, just like physical fitness.
• Self-care is essential. We have to put the oxygen mask on ourselves before we can help others.
• Daily living can be traumatic and we can learn ways to cope with pain and adversity.
• Our greatest challenges and difficulties bring us strength and build our resilience.
We hope you like our new website, www.thetherapycafe.com, which is designed to better serve you with new features and information on our full menu of services.
With our new website, we will be:
• providing regularly updated blog posts and content
• announcing workshops, events, and group activities at Therapy Café®
• posting social media updates on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
It is now easier than ever to connect with us on our website and social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), so drop us a line and send us your comments and feedback!
Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you for all of your mental health and wellness needs.
By Dr. Kathleen A. Tallent and Rev. Allison Y. Stenson